Speakers at the Nexus 2023 conference will be selected by the Scientific Committee on the basis of abstracts submitted in response to the present call for proposals. Acceptance will be based on the appropriateness for Nexus; originality of topic; whether the topic is accessibly only to specialists or can be appreciated by a wider audience; how developed the research appears to be.
All accepted abstracts will appear in a special supplementary issue of the Nexus Network Journal, published by Springer and distributed during the conference itself.
Following their presentation at the conference, a limited number of presenters will be invited to develop their work into full research papers for publication in the Nexus Network Journal. The selection will be made by the Scientific Committee on the basis of the presentations at the conference. Papers not presented in person at the conference will not be considered for publication.
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY:
- Submission of an abstract is not a guarantee of acceptance at the conference or of publication in the Nexus Network Journal.
- Papers that have been presented at other meetings and/or previously published as chapters of books or as journal articles will not be considered.
- The author submitting an abstract automatically grants permission for that abstract to circulate among members of the Scientific Committee. The conference chairs guarantee that the abstract will not be used for any purpose other than review and selection.
- Authors of accepted abstracts must guarantee their participation at the conference. No abstract accepted for the conference and published in the book will be eligible for selection for publication in the Nexus Network Journal unless the author is present at the conference to present the work in person.
- Publication of the accepted abstract in the conference book is contingent on payment of the conference participation fee before or on the established date (see Conference Fee and Important Dates below).
- After acceptance authors will be expected to re-format their abstracts for publication as instructed.
- There are no publication fees for publication in the Nexus Network Journal.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR PH.D. CANDIDATES
AND RECENT PH.D. RECIPIENTS
There will be a dedicated Ph.D. Day at Nexus 2023. Abstracts from current Ph.D. candidates and those who have received or will receive their Ph.D. degrees in the period 2021–2023 must submit their proposal to the Ph.D. Day, not the main conference.
Ph.D.s and Ph.D. students must specify their interest in participating in the Ph.D. Day in the abstract header and follow the rules specified in the point “Submissions”.
For inclusion in the main conference sessions, papers co-authored by professors and Ph.D. candidates must be submitted for consideration by the professor, and if accepted, presented by the professor.
Authors of accepted abstracts are expected to cover their own travel expenses to the conference venue and pay the conference participation fee. The conference fee will be announced at the time presenters are notified of the acceptance of abstracts.